On Sat, 18 Mar 2000, Ivica Petrovic wrote:

        Hi,

> there are many misunderstandings about the End Search feature, and it seems
> to me that many of the guys on this list is against it, but I've found it
> very useful. But, I must admit, it depends for what you are using for your
> MD. I'm using MD mostly for doing interviews, and for such a reason it is
> very helpful feature, when you're doing some editing, and namely, move the
> track 10 to the track 2, where are you ? At the place 2, of course, and you
> need to go back to the end of the disc and continue to record your own parts
> of the audio article.

        That's exactly what any MD deck (or not sony portables i guess) do
when you hit record. They go straight to the first space available for
recording, no matter if you have deleted, moved, combined or divided
tracks.

Please keep in mind that MD isn't a sequential access media.  End
search is a "feature" for sequential access media (e.g. is great on a
tape based Video Cam), but not for MD.

I'm still wondering if Sony really believes that to be a feature, or is a
pure and simple matter of design flaws/deficiences make up.

        greets,

Francisco J. Montilla               System & Network administrator
[EMAIL PROTECTED]      irc: pukka        Seville            Spain
INSFLUG (LiNUX) Coordinator: www.insflug.org   -   ftp.insflug.org