On Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:39:58 +0100 Ralph Smeets <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >
> > Sony's gotta figure something out, in fact, I know they will.
> >
> > MD is only one of a few products that are backward compatable. A
> few that
> > come to mind are"
> >
> > casette tapes - any compact casette player will play a compact
> casette
> > unless it's digital or a different speed
> >
> > DirecTV stuff - Hey, they changed the compression, but then again,
> they
> > planed on that.
> >
> > Atari - Hey, the 7800 played 2600 games
> >
> > Playstation 2 - I can sell my old box for a upgrade.
> >

> Allow me to make a sarcastic remark....
> You've forgot the PC! Our current 1Ghz Athlon and Pentium III PCs
> are
> still compatible to the first 4.7Mhz 8088 PCs... Thanks to Bill!

Hrmm, true. However, my AMD K6-II crashes on anything from anything lower
than a 386. Even 486 and older Pentium class games have trouble running
(Doom, Quake, ROTT)

Howeve, the card in this machine has nice output and I can record to MD
nicely.