I was excited yesterday when Harris contacted me to participate in a
poll about the future of digital music.  Being an avid md user, I
thought I'd get a chance to plug md for this nationwide poll.  Instead,
I found not ONE question about MD.  It was all about MP3.  It asked a
question such as, "What devices do you use to listen to music," and MD
was not even a choice.  This survey took about 15 minutes to fill out,
and there wasn't even one place where a respondent could offer any
answer besides those already provided.  Needless to say, I rated mp3 as
poorly as possible.  One question that stuck out to me was, "Which of
the following digital music players would you be more likely to buy:
One with 32MB memory for $149, a 64MB unit for $199, a 96MB unit for
$239, or a 128MB unit for $269."  There was no other option.  I couldn't
continue the survey without checking one of the boxes, even though I
wouldn't buy any of them.

I guess this could be interpreted 2 ways:  Either the people making this
poll think that md is out for the future of digital music, or else they
are clueless.

Anyway, I thought you might be interested to see just another way md is
left out of the places where it belongs.

--
David B. Fincher
Assistant Professor