Just add up the time you use it before you recharge it.  It will still
give a good ballpark figure.  using it in spurts of walking will give
the batterys time to regenerate a little between uses, but the walking
may make the head shift off track and heve to be repositioned.  Though
you won't hear any difference, it will increase battery drain when it
repositions the head.

When the battery doesn't play the md any more on your way to/from work,
mark the time and insert a spare battery for the resto f the walk home.

(Just a suggestion, you don't HAVE to do it at all.)  <G>