Steven Debski wrote:

    > I choose to believe my ears - if one sounds better to you
    > - then use it

If one sounds better, marvel at the suggestibility of the human sensorium.

    > .... Bits are not just bits,

For those of you who believe bits are not just bits, try this: wrap your
computer's hard disc in three layers of aluminium foil to "exclude harmful
electromagnetic radiation* ", and check out how much more smoothly your
programs run, with significantly less errors, and brighter colours too.

simon

* sorry, I think that should have been "reduce read head jitter", or was it