Brent Harding wrote:

> But, if I'm on netmeeting and turn the volume for the show down,
> could I keep recording, so I can record the whole show including
> the part where I'd be on? There's this show I listen to sometimes
> that takes calls on netmeeting, and I'd like to be able to record
> it, and be able to participate in it.

Hmm, sounds like it's going to be complicated:
Although I don't know NetMeeting, I believe it requires your part of
the communication to be recorded to the computer. To do this, you have
to set the recording setting from "what you hear" to "microphone" or
you will be recording your voice plus the continuing show and send it
to them, which is probably not what you want to do...

Another problem could arise because you would then be recording to two
applications at the same time (your own recording plus the NetMeeting
recording). I have not tried it, but the SBLive might not be able to
do this...

> Any way to do it? If I bought a minidisc recorder, would that help any?
Well, you could record to minidisc :-)

> I was thinking that thing mentioned on the list about the idea of
> playing a recording into a remote would be good, to have it d
> things when I want to, how does it work? When you play it, how does
> the minidisc recorder know what to do with the other devices at the
> time? Like, if I recorded various shows from satellite or something,
> would I be able to have the computer or other source turn on and turn
> down the program during the commercial break and come back on when
> it's done, possibly putting music in between, or just pausing the
> minidisc so I can have enough space to record without having to
> do anything with it?

Hmm, can't comment on this...

Bye,
  Hannes