Hello,

    This is my first post to the list I hope someone can help because this may
be too expensive to fix.  Here's the situation: said player was dropped onto a
lino floor.
but stupidity of said action aside, :) the unit still plays well and seems to
work like a charm.. that is until you shake it. The model number is (AIWA
AM-F70 Portable Minidisc recorder and it is a japanese model). I have tried the
obvious, pulling the battery contacts out lightly, swabbing the contacts with
alcohol using a cleaner on the mechanism and it has not put me any further
ahead.  The problem SEEMS to be with the battery but doesnt have he same
problem consistantly enough. Like I say, the player plays fine but when it is
shaken (usually laterally) it turns off completely and / or intermittantly
powers on. There are no loose parts (audible anyway) in the main casing.
backlighting, display, playback and record funtions work normally until jarred.
it seems hopeless but Im assuming this is a large list and perhaps somone has
had a similar .. errr... stupid mistake :) Id love to hear about it.. this
thing isn't under warranty and I have a pretty good understanding of
electronics.  Any comments will be VERY much appreciated. Comments such as "I
dont know" arent worth posting :)))

Thanks in advance,

-Richard