> Once the battery contacts are no longer in their original state, they may or
> may not maintain shape properly, no matter how you bend them.

Oh.. shoot.. I've noticed that minidisc recorders tend to be fiddly in this
respect.. a few Sony MZ R55's at work had these problems right out of the box
(fortunately we can return them to the vendors :) ). Okay,  well I'll try
getting come card behind the contact.. its better than paying $100 to get it
fixed. They really should make more surface area touch the batteries on these
things.. they just seem so flimsy.

Regards,

-Richard