* pupu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 02 May 2000
| I heard about the 650MB MDs a while back, but they weren't in use at that
| point.

The 640MB MD is MD2.

| Though I recently noticed Sony is using them in one of their camcorders.

Yes.  This is currently the only use of MD2 that I am aware of.  There was
some thought about using MD2 with PS2, but Sony decided to go with DVD-ROM
instead.

| This makes me wonder whether Sony (or anyone) is going to use them in
| their audio recorders/players.

Probably not, which I think is unfortunate.  MD2 is strictly a data format
at this point in time.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ of skin.