[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If something accidentally happens to a minidisc, the material can
> sometimes be recovered by cloning a new TOC.  Is there something that
> can do a similar function on a 3.5" floppy?

Yes and no.....

I've recovered loads of disks with one or more physicaly damaged sectors
by using a one-to-one diskcopy program (like VGACopy or DiskDupe). However,
this doesn't write a new TOC (FAT12).

In order to check the FAT12 filesystem used on a 3.5" floppy, you should
run 'checkdisk' or scandisk. Normaly these programs will find chunks of
data that aren't related to a filename and you'll be able to save these
chunks into a new filename.

I suggest you do a one-to-one diskcopy before.

Cheers,
Ralph -> should we consider typing as a form of compressing voice?

Ralph Smeets        Functional Verification Centre Of Competence -  CMG
Voice:  (+33) (0)4 76 58 44 46                       STMicroelectronics
Fax:    (+33) (0)4 76 58 40 11                       5, chem de la Dhuy
Mobile: (+33) (0)6 82 66 62 70                             38240 MEYLAN
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                      FRANCE