===========BEGIN QUOTE===============
Is it possible to connect Portable power pack by Radio Shack with the Sony
MZR 55, the European model?  Do they work together or do I need to make some
modifications or changing some connectors? Also, where in the San Francisko
area I could find the Sony BC7HT, international model of recharging unit for
the Sony batteries? Thanks....

What you need to do is purchase a regulated multi-voltage adaptor which can
put out the power specified for the R55. Then make sure that it has the
fitting which fits the R55's DC IN socket with the correct polarity. Most of
the newer regulated multi-voltage adaptors available at RS can do this.

With these adaptors, you can use your European R55 over in the States
because the mains voltage goes up to the transformer then is brought down to
the useable voltage for the appliance.

WIth regards,

Simon Mackay