=My new PC does not have audio recording to WAV like my old PC =did.

Saying this is wrong, all PC's have WAV recording, you just need the
software to do it.

I'm =
wanting to convert a Minidisc analog signal from the PC line-in to a WAV =
file and then to mp3.  Is there freeware to record WAV from analog line =
inputs on my  PC? I've looked and read a good FAQ on CDR and mp3 but =
none mentions analog in to WAV conversion, just from CD.
Thanks.

Goldwave (http://www.goldwave.com) is a shareware WAV editor that has a
funtion limit, but will allow you to save. Those CDR and MP3's FAQ don't
mention WAV recording because no one records WAVS for MP3's, they just rip
them digitally. While I rip my vinyl and Minidisc though the card using Tape
Out on the amp which goes to my line input, huge tangle of wires.

-JR