> Remotes: I don't use them.  Too many wires to get tangled in whatever.
> That said, the R30 has the simplest, most straight-forward remote of the
> bunch.

Does the R30 have the same remote as the R50 ?  I find that i really like
the R50 remote.  I am using this in my car, and I can grab the remove, and
stop/play tracks,seek,track seek and change volumes without looking at it.
Of course to each their own.

> Titling: Prize goes to the 722.  A friend of mine described it as cracking
> a safe.  The big jog dial really rocks.  Second worst goes to the R37 just

hmmm, did your friend really mean it was easy ?  I have a really difficult
time cracking safes. :)

> the front panel buttons can be used, much like the Sharp 702.  Last place
> goes to the R30/R50: that thumbscrew they call a jog wheel is the worst
> pain in the thumb ever.

Hmm, I really like the job wheel on the R50.  My thumb has no problems with
it, and I can title with one thumb.  I rotate the wheel, then push down.
I've never used the 722 but I would imagine the big wheel would be handy,
but I have used buttons to title like the 702 and they are a big pain in the
you-know-where.  Again, to each his own.

> R30: A good recorder for digital input, but setting record levels for line
> or mic input is a pain, and they do not keep between discs so you have to
> reset them.

I believe ( i haven't checked for sure) that the R50's manual recording
level doesn't change between discs.

> Sony vs. Sharp: End Search ('nuff said).  When shifting character sets
> (upper, lower, special), the R90 resets the letter to "A" each cycle; 702
> is smart enough to remember that "n" and "N" are the same letter.

R50 is similar to the 702.  Then again I have the JDM version so the int.
version may be different.