Ben asked,

| Does anyone know where there is a deck with both a minidisc and a CD-R
| in it.. I want to be able to copy MD directly to CD without using a
| computer at preferably greater than 1x, all the CD/MD decks I have seen
| are CD players not CD-R

You could use an MD deck plus a CDR recorder; the transfer runs at 1x but
there's no computer involved.  Such a setup is working fine for me.  Other
than the hope of making a faster transfer, I don't see the advantage to
having them in a single unit.  If one exists, it's probably such a rare
specialty item that it would cost more than the two components together.