> That seems a bit harsh, really. Just because you've got MD, you may have
> scenarios where you'd like to burn CD-Rs too. Perhaps if you had an MD (or
> other) head in your car, and a CD autochanger?
>
> Seems a little unfair to purport this being "plain stupid". Different from
> the norm, perhaps.

Find me a 400 disc MD changer :) - they dont exist.

I have loads of CD's and CDR's in my 200 disc changer available to play
without getting up. MD cant do that at the moment, and I dont think it will
do.

MD is great for portable use/car use, but without a large capacity jukebox
there will be no place for it to replace CDR at home.