On Wed, 10 May 2000, Roger wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I have a bunch of MD's that I would like to burn onto CD's on my new
> computer.  I have an SB Live with SPDIF in/out and a MZ-R55.  I realise
> that I can't digitally hook my portable up to my computer so I was
> wondering what the forum thinks the best solution is for me?

        As far as I understand it, the "optical" coming out of minidisks
(dubbed TOSLINK) is a SPDIF signal, just an optical one.  You can buy a
small box that will connect the two for about 40 bucks (I think hoontech
has one, but look around.) and this way, you get the cheap solution, and
probably the best as well since you'll be staying with a digital
signal.  Use the box to go digitally from your portable to your
card's SPDIF in, and then burn baby burn...
        Good luck...

        -=J

James Caran
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Res: 1162 Geneva Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112
Phone: (415)587-8243
Cell: (510)823-6367
Web Crew, http://www.hyannissound.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]