JR Moore wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> My mom is going to put a CD changer in her convertable, I convinced her
> to go with a MD changer. I found a MDX-65 changer on sale on the net for
> $319.99. Anybody know how good this changer is and will it work with a
> stock Chrystler head unit that has changer controls for a 6 cd changer
> out of box, or will I have to get all sorts of adapters. Someone let me
> know something so I'm better prepared to install the thing if we order it
> off the net. I know Crutchfield knows all that shit, but, they're too
> expensive.

It's awesome!  I haven't had any problem with mine.
I doubt that it's controllable by a Chrysler head unit, but you'll have
to research that.  I know Ford head units at one time could control Sony
changers, but Chrysler may have chose a different company's interface.
For example, GM used Rockford Fosgate CD changers for awhile.

If that Chrysler head unit can't control an MDX-65, you will need the RF
kit and remote controller.  The remote controller mounts up front and
has its own display to control the changer.  The RF modulator hooks into
the antenna, and you listen to the changer by dialing in a specific
frequency on the radio.

Shawn