Can the R70 be set to place an automatic T Mark or index mark, when the
silence between cuts off an LP is of sufficient length?

Can any of the following do so, and how often did they miss a Mark, (ie. I
assume if the silence is too short, it will not get marked.):
Sony R90
Sony R55
Sharp 831
Sharp 821

Do all these units (including R70) sample at 20 bits? (not related to T Mark
?)

The problem is, when I record the whole side of an LP, unattended, I later
have to FF through the MD and manually mark the beginning of each cut.  What
a waste of time.  Such an easy function is unexcusable not to have as an
on/off option.  Even if the function overmarked a bit, that is easy to
correct and not even necessary to correct.

Thanks, Marc