From: Roger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2000 10:10 PM
Subject: MD: Windows file lock

> It's quite simple, really--I'm surprised you audiophile brainiacs didn't
> help him with this one.  You can't 'turn off' file locking, but just go
> into explorer, right-click on the file currently being downloaded (it will
> most likely show a size of 0 KB--click on properties to see how much has
> downloaded so far, refresh the dir if needed too) and copy it to a
> different directory.  It will continue downloading the original file and
> you can listen to whatever you downloaded so far, chopped at the point you
> copied it.  This works for most file types (*.rm, *.mov, *.viv), if not
> all.  Who says you can't learn anything from downloading porn?  Gates is
> the man.

Well as we're not downloading, we're recording, and that much extra hard
drive activity would probably cause the recording to become corrupted (hard
drive not keeping up with the incoming data) I would say you haven't really
learned anything!

Plus duplicating a file which may be up to 700Mb is probably a rather daft
way of listening to it and a waste of space anyway.

Magic
--
"Creativity is more a birthright than an acquisition, and the power of sound
is wisdom and understanding applied to the power of vibration."

Location : Portsmouth, England, UK
Homepage : http://www.mattnet.freeserve.co.uk
EMail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]