On Sun, 14 May 2000 14:01:41 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>   === The original message was multipart MIME            ===
>   === All non-text parts (attachments) have been removed ===
>
>  Hi all,
>
>      I keep on hearing people complain about End Search as if it's some =
>  major problem,

Surely how "major" the problem is, is down to the perception of those that
experience it?

>  but I can't see what all the fuss is about. If you have =
>  important material you don't want to lose on a disc and you plan on =
>  making a critical recording shouldn't you be using a new disc anyway?

What if you are doing multiple critical recordings in one session, on one
disk? Should you use a disk for every bit of recording? It would seem the
sensible choice, with these sort of demands, would be to not use a portable
with the End Search "feature".

>  I =
>  know I do.

Some may not have the luxury, and besides, you shouldn't *have* to.

>  End Search can be a little inconvenient sometimes but I don't =
>  see it being a major issue.

But some may.

And some may feel compelled to defend Sony, or the devices that have this
particular "feature". However I've not yet heared of any plusses, for having
a unit that can potentially overwrite previous recordings, without at least
asking for confirmation, especially when operating contrary to most other
devices using this media.

Neil