* Jeanmougin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 23 May 2000
| So, I asked myself, when you record something on a MD and after you
| erase it, the TOC is edited. But is the recorded material physically
| erased or is its access impossible due to the TOC updating (like on a
| hard drive)?

Only the TOC is actually updated.  However, as there is no backup of the
TOC anywhere, once it is erased the only way to reconstruct it is a hunt
and peck method, going from sector to sector on the disc and stringing them
together by hand.  It should be apparant why this is not considered to be a
viable option.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \