>On Fri, 26 May 2000 04:26:35 -0700 (PDT) Neil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
> When I'm recording to MD, I have no issues acquiring the digital source,
and > can record digitally just fine. But I was sort of expecting the
chapters to > be brought across as track marks, but this doesn't happen....
> ..If anybody else does this sort of thing, do you get chapter marks? And
>can > anyone think of a reason why this would / wouldn't happen, or if
>there's > something I'm missing that would be stopping this.

Hi..
I would expect the 'chapters' function to be a DVD specific feature..
Most minidisc recorders only mark tracks when they register a couple of
seconds silence (the actual amount needed before a track will be marked
differs from model to model..), as far as I know (which isn't very far..)
the DVD 'chapter' signals/codes/whatever wouldn't even get sent to the MD,
let alone be understood by it..

Feel free to correct me, anyone, if I'm totally wrong...

SeanB

end

Sean Buckingham
Media Services