>I would like to record directly to my Sharp mini from my midi keyboard. Is
>that possible and what do I need to be able to do this?

If it's a plain MIDI keyboard (ie. it sends MIDI signals only, nothing
else) then you'll need a module that converts the MIDI data to some kind of
notes (you can get piano modules, etc) then there'll be a line out on the
module that you can plug into your mini system.

If it's got speakers, voices on-board, etc. then have a look around the
back for some kind of line-out socket. Failing that, you could use the
headphone socket but that will usually mute the speakers as well.

Include some more detail on the sockets that your keyboard and mini system
have and it'll be a lot easier to recommend cables to do it :-)

--
Simon