Hello,

Can anyone recommend a good mic preamp for use with a portable MD recorder?
Preferably one that is reasonably portable also. I've seen the MidiMan
Audiobuddy, but I wasn't sure how good it was. Basically, I'd like to record
a piano from a distance (maybe 5-10 feet away), but boosting the recording
level on the MD unit introduces too much noise and the sound sounds too
distant. I'm not sure that adding a preamp will help with the distant sound,
but I'd like to get it at least cleaner.

Also, I was thinking about adding a external A/D converter, but I wasn't
sure that it'd make that much of a difference in the sound. Any comments?

Thanks.

-- John