In order to hear the MP3 file you will need to be able to hear it from
the laptop speakers,  once you can get it to play thorugh them, you
shold be able to plughinto the external speaker jack with a stereo plug
and run tha to the twoRCA jacks.  Hope that helps.

"Stefan Andersson A (MIC)" wrote:

> "J. Coon" wrote:
>
> I'm nOt sure what you are trying to do.  Are yoou playing MP3 from your
> laptop to the car speakers?  What kind of laptop is it and what kind of
> car MD is it?
>
> ----
>
> I want to connect my Toshiba Portégé 3010CT to my car MiniDisc Player (which is a
>SONY MDX-C5960R). I have tried to connect it to the line-in RCA connectors (there you
>connect your md/cd-changer too). But i didn't get any sound out of if.
>
> In short, i want to connect my laptop computer and play mp3's throuh my sony
>mdx-c5960r car player.. who do i that ?
>
> /Stefan

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways