Hello,

Easy questions first: Japanese MD equipments will operate with your discs
just fine. They will display English. I think the MZ-E800's battery charger
operates on 100V AC.  You need a transformer that can change the voltage of
your wall outlets into 100V.

Open price means that the product has no MSRP.  Sometimes the street price
of a product drops very far from the MSRP, and this is considered misleading
for the consumers.  With open price, the retailers determine the price.

When price is expected as the main attraction of a product, companies will
often make it open-priced.  For example, the bottom-of-the-range appliances,
CD players and non-flat-tube, non-stereo TV sets.

Leon