THe line out is amplified to the same level no matter what the volume
setting is on the MD.  The headphone out changes as you change the
volume setting.  Also, I think the beep is absent from the line out, but
I'm not certain.  AFAIK, both channels are amplified.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways