hi folks, - PLEASE READ THIS -

I've just wondered if it makes sense to have an other mp3 player than winamp
if you wanna record your mp3s onto MiniDisc. winamp is - to me - for sure
the most comfortable player yet.. i especially like the
"2-seconds-gap-plugin".

BUT!

Will I get better recordings if I use the original Fraunhofer
(www.audioactive.com) decoding engine when recording mp3s?

The website claims that Audioactive player uses original fraunhofer
algorithms to get maximum quality...

There's even a small side-swipe on winamp's MiniBrowser, because on the
download site they write something like:

'Who needs a MiniBrowser? What You need is the highest quality possible...'
etc. etc.

Well, can someone give me an answer, or serious A/B listening tests (i don't
have the equipment for such tests) which mp3 decoder sounds best???

I'm lookin forward to your answers!

Thank you, Timothy Mosley a.k.a. Mario B.