Stainless Steel Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Really? I was under the impression that the 722 is better than the
>> MD-MT15 in almost every way, no? (Asking a real question here)
>
>Well, maybe.
>
>The MD-MS722 is an improved MD-MS702.  The MD-MT15 is a stripped-down
>version of the MD-MT821, which replaced the '722 as Sharp's top of the line
>portable MD recorder until the MD-MT831 came out.  The MT15 is a simpler
>unit than the '722.  It costs less.  If those are your criteria for
>comparison, then the MT15 is superior to the '722.  Otherwise the MT15 is
>roughly comparable to the MS-702, though the latter gets the nod for the
>slot-load design.

After sending my previous question, I did some surfing and found out some
info on the MT15. You're right on about it: it's basically "MT821 lite."
I would venture the opinion that the 702 is still a bit better in terms
of ruggedness and features, although the MT15 has better battery life. If
you're looking for a cheap recorder with good battery life, the MT15 is a
good buy. Personally, it's a bit too limited in functionality for my
tastes, so I think the extra $40 or so for the 722 is money well spent.

I also have to add that the MD Community site is the *best* information
resource I have seen for any "niche." There's so much info there,
organized so well. When I need to find some info, I can always count on
finding twice as much stuff as I need ;-) Incredible job, Rick.