Hi all,
        I have a Sony MDS-JB930 deck and an MZR-55 portable recorder.
For some reason, certain MD's do not play correctly on my deck- They have
dropouts and random gain bursts.  Those same MD's play perfectly on my
portable.  This strikes me as strange since I would expect that the deck
would be better designed to deal with disks that have problems.  Does
anyone have thoughts or suggestions?  I am especially surprised because
they are both Sonys and both relatively new.

        Thanks,
                -=James

--Incidentally, I'm still looking for an MD data deck if anyone has
one. :)

James Caran
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
New Res: 1162 Geneva Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94112
Phone: (415)587-8243
Cell: (510)823-6367
Web Crew, http://www.hyannissound.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]