Peter Stockwell wrote:
> Cables are important, I think that the analogue lead between
> CD and
> Amp should be as good as you can make it, I think 50-60 GBP
> is a
> minimum.  Ideally you need to be able to borrow the cable
> before
> making the final buy choice.  Or you can try some roll your
> owns.

Are you on drugs?!?  It certainly sounds like you've been rolling
your own and I don't mean audio cables :-)

Fifty or Sixty pounds for an interconnect.  You gotta be kidding,
unless perchance you've spent about a thousand pounds plus each
on your amp and CD deck.

Personally my 99p (well free as they all came with the units)
interconnects seem fine though I am tempted to buy the Cambridge
Pacific 9.99ukp for my MD 3.5mm stereo-jack to Amp RCA link (I
copy all my fave CDs onto MD and play then on my MZ-R3).  BTW
what do Richer Sounds do with all the "crappy interconnects"
that are dumped in the basket in the store?  Give them away as
free spares to anyone buying kit who asks for one?

I copy CD -> MD digitally via a "official" Sony optical cable,
you know about ukp30 but about 3mm thick (loadsa protection),
Peter- should I upgrade to an optical cable with gold plated
connectors?  Only joking mate :-)

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- apologies if anyone is offended.