From: "Joni Mustonen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> How do i record any kind of data "something else than music"
> from my computer?
>
> I heard that soundblater live had som kind of program
> to do that and that i could record 140 MG to my minidisc.
>
> -Joni-

Sony did produce an MD data drive but it was slow, the disks
expensive and not widely available (it needed special data
disks and would not use audio disks), and other storage formats
even then were cheaper and faster.

It is quite possible to store data by converting it to audio
on audio MD equipment, but data transfer rates in excess of
what a current modem can do (56kbps- so roughly 31MByte per
74 min disc, assuming the ATRAC algorithm can cope with the
current v90 modem standard).  Bearing in mind it would take
75mins to store that 31MB, use of audio equipment for data
storage seems a non-starter.

PrinceGaz.