Point well made....

I dont want to start a thread on this, but I thought that
SCMS was supposed to allow legitimate copying,
but block "illegal" copying.
Now granted - maybe the SCMS schema itself is flawed
(which I would NOT be surprised at), but if SCMS actually
worked to block illegal copying uses, then the
reasons to bypass SCMS would be only for "nefarious"
purposes.

In any case - I think the whole schema of "pro" equipment
is dumb anyway. If I were going to "manufacture" CDs
to "steal" music - Id get the pro stuff anyway.
So - whats the point of having SCMS anyway - the real
"thiefs" can get around it with a little effort
(by buying pro stuff).

I didnt mean to accuse people of copyright theft -
I merely wanted to point out that there was an
alternative SCMS "stripper" that isnt that well
known (outside of this list of course).

EWong

___
To EWong.  Maybe the original poster would have bought
the professional equipment, if he had realized that he
wanted that feature (i.e. the ability to set the
SCMS); but now that he has a MD recorder, doesn't
really want to go out and buy another unit.
SNIP