[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I dont want to start a thread on this, but I thought that
> SCMS was supposed to allow legitimate copying,
> but block "illegal" copying.

That is the way it should be.  However, the way it works is, if you make
an anolog recording, you can make only a first generation digital copy.
It doesn't matter if it is a recording of  a CD, a tape, a radio
program, or your own taped practice session.

You can copy your original once, digitally, and then the next copy has
to be analog.  That means I can't record myself playing and singing a
tune, then save the master and make edits on the copy and expect to make
digital copies of my edited version.

Sort of sucks doesn't it?

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways