I have the hardware one would need hooked to my computer (Sony MDS-PC2 with
CAV50C,  Maudio DIO 2448 (although 2496 is recomened) Sony Spressa CDX-120E
USB CDRW).

The problem is that no unified software exists.  The MDS-PC2 is controlled
by the"Minidisc Editor 2" program, while the Spressa CD recorder is
controlled by the "CD Extreme" program.  The user interface of each program
is very different from the other and there is no easy way to get them to
"talk" to each other.

What I have done to date is to manually play each track from the MD using
the "record" function of CoolEdit to create a WAV file for each track.  Then
drag the WAV files into CD Extreme.   CD Extreme *does* allow you to title
the tracks on the CD, but again, there's no easy way.  I have to use the
Windows clipboard to copy and paste each track title individually.  (MD
Editor 2 allows me to save the entire track list to a CSV file, but CD
Extreme does not allow a "title" file to be imported.)

As you can see, this whole process requires a *lot* of manual intervention.
If Sony is reading this list, here is my wish list:

1) Better software integration.  Merge CD Extreme and MD Editor 2 into a
single program that controls both CDRW and MD.
2) Better MD <-> computer hardware interface.  Right now I have a sound card
with digital I/O and the CAV50C (supplied with the MDS-PC2) which uses up a
serial port on the PC.  Not to mention all the cables between the 'PC2 and
the PC.  All of this could be replaced by a USB jack on the MD, just like
the one on the Spressa CD recorder!

I know it would be a *big* job, but if someone has the time and would like
to write better PC software, that would solve much of the problem.