> Matthew Wall asked,
>
> | on this question, i dont know the correct answer, but technically
wouldn't
> | the atrac encoded tracks actually be considered files at this point once
on
> | a md.  it does have a TOC and a simple structure to the disk.  plus
certain
> | software can read these tracks and re-rewrite them to md-data drives.
> | anyway it's just a question so if anyone could be a little more specific
on
> | this it would be interesting to know.  thanks
>
> You could look at it that way, but still, there is no way to transfer an
MD
> track *as*an*ATRAC*file* from an MD to a computer's drive nor from a com-
> puter's drive to an MD.  The only way to move MD audio over the net is to
> convert it to some other format -- an analog signal, or an S/PDIF signal,
for
> two examples -- store it in a format for storing audio on hard disks, such
as
> .wav or .mp3, transmit it as such, and record it to an MD unit at the
other
> end.

i would have to disagree with this since there is software top copy atrac
files from one md-10 drive to another on a md-audio disk.  I forget the
actual software name, but it has been discussed on this forum before.  so in
theory it would be possible, but we would all have to have a lot more
expensive hardware than most of us have now.  so even though unlikely
wouldn't it still be possible?