> Matthew rejoined,
>
> | i would have to disagree with this since there is software top copy
atrac
> | files from one md-10 drive to another on a md-audio disk.  I forget the
> | actual software name, but it has been discussed on this forum before.
so in
> | theory it would be possible, but we would all have to have a lot more
> | expensive hardware than most of us have now.  so even though unlikely
> | wouldn't it still be possible?
>
> That still depends on whether there is a way to move audio data in ATRAC
> format between MD data drives and personal computers, or between MD data
> drives and Internet hookups.  Even if there is, the impracticality keeps
the
> discussion pretty much academic and semantic.

I agree about the academic part.  Maybe someone with the software here can
actually tell us.  from reading about it I guess you can actually do slight
modifications to the atrac files, but like i said someone who has actually
used the software would actually have a better idea and can fill us in a bit
more on this.