From: "Nicholas Christ" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Hello, I'm new to the list.
> I was wondering if the new MDLP records will also be able to record in
> the standard SP (74 or 80 minute) mode as well as the MDLP2&4 modes.
> I read the MDLP FAQ and couldn't find the answer in there (Although I
> apologize if it was there and I somehow missed it.)  Thanks.
> -Nicholas Christ
>  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I would say the answer has to be yes, there is no way they could hope
to make a new generation of equipment that is totally incompatible
with older units.

Actually I would expect the default setting for the new units to be SP
mode, and recording in LP2 or LP4 requires specifying in a record-mode
selection.

PrinceGaz.