* Ken Clinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  on Tue, 29 May 2001
| I've made some compilation discs at LP4, for my *noisy* commute (crowded
| bus, downtown traffic noises) and it's fine for that. Also probably would
| work well for low-volume background music. But at home, it's obvious that
| the high frequencies aren't there, and stereo isn't as "stereo".

Yep, that is pretty much exactly what you should be hearing.

Keep in mind that the majority of people carrying around portables use the
crap headphones that come with the unit.  Which means that they probably
won't be able to tell the difference between SP and LP4 and really don't
care.
--
Rat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>    \ Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \