> From: David W. Tamkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > Another one is that the source CD's tracks are subdivided with
> intra-track
> > indices.  The practice is rare, but the CD standard does support
> it, and I
> > faintly remember reading ages and ages ago on either this list or
> its
> prede-
> > cessor that in an S/PDIF transfer an MD recorder will start a new
> track at
> > each intra-track index mark.

Missed this post at the time.

The intra-track marks are not replicated on the MD recording in my
experience.  I have a small handful of discs which employ this
practice - one that I've very recently dubbed to MD was Autechre's
"tri repetae", and none of the sub-divisions produced further
track-marking.

Little to add in response to the original poster's problem, other
than to say that this has happened to me in the past and it was down
to a faulty recorder (the Sharp 702's periodical problems when
recording with the mains adaptor attached) and/or a dirty disc (each
'bad' sector skipped produced another track-mark, gradually reducing
the capacity of the disc).

Mike.