"Watermark could reduce the perceived quality
  of DVD-A to somewhere between a good
  MiniDisc and a below-average CD," says a
  leading classical recording engineer.

The above was the lead quote from an article re: the
delay of DVD audio because the supposedly inaudible
watermarking could, in fact, be heard on the
recordings.

Here's the URL for the story from AudioRevolution.com,
although this is the only instance (I think - since I
only scanned the article quickly) in which MD is
mentioned.

http://www.AudioRevolution.com/news/0800/09.dvdwatermark.shtml

What's strange is that none of my MDs sound like
buzzing bees (or even bees at rest).  I must be doing
something wrong.

JMJ