Larry wrote,

| This is really an area that people have tended to mistakenly take for
| granted.  "Psycho is not real" so to speak.

Yes, there are other uses for the prefix "psycho" that muddy the issue
further.

| There is no real answers here because we are dealing in semantics ...

That's the point.  This thread is stuck on the terminology.  Most of us agree
that, if they are recorded on the same equipment, played on the same equip-
ment, and heard through the same equipment, perceived differences in sound
quality between brands of MDs are in the realms of belief and imagination.

| ... and man-made definitions.

In my experience, woman-made definitions are not any more objective.