Interesting discussion.  There's something to be said in all this about
individual beliefs and values. Everyone has them, but not everyone's
includes healthy doses of understanding, compassion and the ability to
suspend judgement.

Consider for a moment the driving force behind the need to acquire
financial sustenance and spiritual (artistic) sustenance?

Many combine the financial with the spiritual (possibly 'tis about
self-worth).  So when we start talk about a person's worth exactly what
standards do we base that on?

Comparing the level of input and output behind a person's chosen method
of existence and/or expression and then trying to determine what that
person deserves is something we humans do when we're feeling: unworthy,
undercatered for, lacking, fearful, suspicious...

I play music and got my MD to have fun, and share fun around a bit. I
also work for money to provide for myself and family. Sometimes it's a
struggle because of my attitude and sometimes it's because the world I
live in doesn't have enough compassion to share. What about some free
dentistry and free artistic expression - I believe it helps encourage
equality.

free advice ;-)
Kerry.