las wrote:
> My point.  I sold my deck (that was sitting around collecting dust) on ebay.  I have
> two portable recorders and am perfectly happy living with the more versatile
> portables.  Just get a portable CD player with a mini digital output.

My deck is so much easier to title with than the portable.  Besides
that, the deck is much easier to edit accurately and move the tracks
around.  For instance, a friend of mine wrote a tune and gave me a copy
of it.  I asked her to play it for me and after she played it on her
fiddle once, she stopped and asked if I wasn't going to play along. Now
Ihave the tune with her playing, the talking, and both of us playing
it.  I put it in the deck and I was able to position the track marks
accurately enough that I  could play track one, skip track two, play
track three and repeat the whole thing.  by having the accurate control
of the deck, I was able to not have any glitches in the timing of the
music.  That would have been next to impossible with my portable
recorder.
--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways