I was in ye olde Circuit City last night.  All of their portable MD
units were missing.  Just an empty shelf where they were.  They had a
Sony 330 recorder, and the CD -> MD unit, and a few others, but no
porties.

Best Buy, OTOH, had two or three units.  A Sharp MD-MT15, a Sony R70
(cute little guy) and some portie players, and a few decks.  Everything
was pushed to one side to give more room for the CDR units that suck.

OTOH,  after seeing my R30 and  listening to it on a trip (using a
cassette adaptor for his car  radio) a friend of mine went over the the
SOny Outlet Store, and got an R37 for .. I think he said $159.   He is
elated.   He plans on taking it to all of the fesstivals he goes to just
so he can jam with other musicians.
I'm telling you, there is an untapped market out there that the MD
companies are really ignoring.  They seem to think that people just want
MD so they can copy CDs and already made music.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways