Larry responded to my post:

> Why don't you transfer your CD's to MD?

I am in the process of making compilation discs.
Right now I'm doing compilations of pop songs from
1964 - 1973 (by year).  These are great because the
CDs always contain songs that I don't particularly
like.  Have to get around to doing my Beatles and
Billy Joel compilations - although I can't think of a
Billy Joel song that I don't like.

I'll keep the CDs (or at least most of them) for
backup.  I am going to put a few CDs on MD and then
get rid of the CDs (those discs that I rarely listen
to) in order to save space, but I can't see
transfering all 1700+ CDs to MD.

I do have a CDR on my computer, but I've never been
able to get it to work, and I have given up on it.

> I prefer slot in, but I always have this fear that
> some day I'm going to have an Md eaten.

I had the same fear when I was trying to decide what
MD to buy.  Then along came the MT-15 with it low
price tag and I stopped worrying about the loading
mechanism.
I do find that the MT-15 is a pain though.  Even when
I'm sitting in the house, I sometimes have difficulty
careful, the MD's shutter tends to get caught on the
little metal guides.  Forget about doing that in the
car.  What I often do when commuting is play an MD
until the end; then I unplug the MD unit and play a CD
or listen to the radio for the rest of the trip.  That
way I don't have to crash the car while trying to mess
with loading the MD.

James