Neil replied to Larry's reply to me:

> Now having an MD head unit, and previously using a
> portie and an adapter, I
> think I'd much rather use a head unit with an AUX
> in, and a portie

Interesting.  I kind of agree though.  I have over
1700 CDs, so I can't just go MD in the car (where I
currently do most of my listening).  That's why I
would want a MD/CD combo head unit (no need for, or
interest in changers).  Also, a portie MD is much more
manageable than a portie CD player.

One word of advice, though, for anyone planning to use
a portie MD in the car.  I love my MT-15; but for use
in the car, the clamshell is a real pain (not to
mention a dangerous situation).  If I had to do it
over again, I'd get a slot-in loader.

James (who is really enjoying his compilation MDs
while driving)