I am the list administrator for another mailing list.  Generally speaking, we
try to keep posts that are solely meant for advertising purposes off of the
list, but tell posters that a brief footer attached to messages with a link
to a URL where advertising takes place is acceptable.  This seems to work
well.  If Peter had a footer attached to messages about MD issues that just
said "for discounts and coupons for MD blanks/equipment go to:" and attached
his URL, it would probably annoy no one.

Chris Callahan

Home: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Work: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Jazz Nation:  www.thejazznation.com