Ralph Reijs wrote:

> Hi everybody..
> I am sorry..
> I am pretty new on this mailinglist,
> and was wondering what this digest mode is..?
> What modes are there, and what are the differences..?

With digest mode, you get one, or more emails a day with an index of
subject lines with all the messages sent during the day, or the period
of time the digest covers.  You then have to read all the messages.  If
there is excessive quoting, a lot of messages that are not interesting
to you, you still have to read them or at least scan through them to
find the stuff you are interested in.

With individual messages, the mail comes in to your mailbox as it
arrives.  You can set up folders in your eamiler program and filters
that automatically move the MD mail to the MD folder when it comes in so
it isn't with everything else in you inbox.  When youwant to read the
mail, you click on the md folder and the new messages are marked, as are
any unread messages.  You click on the subject bar in the mailer program
and they are sorted according to the subject. click on Next and it will
go to the first unread message. You read it and if it isn't of interest
you can delete all the messages with that same subject line without
reading  them.  You click on Next again to go to the next unread
message.

THere should be a web page set up with the informationa on how to set
the different emailer pragrams to do this, but there isn't one that I
know of.  I sent some information on how to do it, I can send it again
if need be.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways