I would agree, if he was constantly putting out messages with specific
items for sale, or constant messages with things like "we've got the
lowest prices around on <xxxxx>!".

Simply pointing out where you can find coupons to get lower prices (and
the gist of that seemed, to me, to be that the coupons were good on any
items) doesn't seem as bad.

This guy keeps scouring the area for ways to get discounts on things.  It
would seem to me that that's a bit of a good thing.

I will agree that the coupon notes have been a bit on the voluminous
side, lately, but like I said, at least the messages aren't hawking
specific items for sale.